- 1 teaspoon strawberry oolong tea
- 3 tablespoons brown crystal sugar
- 4 oz top shelf vodka (vanilla vodka can be used as well)
- 2 oz ripe hand mashed strawberries (about 5-7 strawberries) and 2 additional strawberries to be used as a garnish
- Small amount of loose cane sugar
Makes 2 TeaTinis
- Prepare the martini glass. Cut a strawberry from the bottom to the middle of the strawberry but do not cut it completely in half. Slip the strawberry over the edge of the glass and wipe it around the entire rim of the glass. Swirl the edge of the glass in the loose cane sugar. Wipe off any excess sugar. Place the strawberry on the rim of the glass as a garnish. Do this for both glasses.
- Brew the tea. Infuse the tea into 8oz of 180 degree water for 4 minutes. Add the brown crystal sugar at the same time the tea is added (sugar in the raw will also do). Make sure the sugar is fully dissolved. Stirring the tea frequently will help. (The tea leaves can be saved to make another cup of tea)
- Mix the drink. In a shaker mix the vodka and brewed tea with some ice. Poor the mixture into the glasses.
- Add the strawberries. Add one ounce of mashed strawberries to each glass and lightly mix it with a fork. Make sure the strawberries are mashed so there are no big chunks and some juice is present. If the strawberries aren’t ripe enough the drink will be sour.